return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

soloman island ground boa biting

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Candoia (Ground) Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: janome at Sat Oct 1 21:18:02 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by janome ]  

i have a 2 year old female (as best as i can figure from what the dealer said). bought it at a show a few months ago. it has been very good with handling up until today. then it gave me a little bite on my finger as i was holding it. i didn't put her back in her cage till i held her some more. has anyone had their ground boa bite them for no apparent reason? i'm just wondering if they get defensive and start to bite more as they get older.
i took her out in the middle of the day so don't know if that had something to do with it or not. or if she was just saying i don't want to be held. any opinions on the matter...
i house her in a 10 gallon tank with a incandecent light on a timer for heat on one side. she eats great f/t fuzzies. the moment they hit the ground she goes for them like lightning, but has yet to shed for me. i think her last shed was back in may. she doesn't look like shes' getting cloudy at all so i dont' think that would of caused her to bite.
and... no i didn't have any mice smell on my hands at the time but was holding a baby corn right before handling her. thanks for any thoughts. this is a photo of when i first got her. she is a little bit bigger now.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: soloman island ground boa biting - CBH, Mon Oct 3 19:28:37 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: soloman island ground boa biting - reako45, Tue Oct 4 13:01:17 2005