return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Hamburg show & Venomoids

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Venomoid ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: texasreptiles at Sat Oct 15 21:14:07 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by texasreptiles ]  

Al,
I understand what you are saying, but I don't think it is a good idea that you contact vendors to put pressure on the promoter, or in your words, "show organizer".
Here's why, if a show promoter bends to someone or everyone just because he/she doesn't like a certain vendor, you, (the public) would not have a show to go to.

Promoters are in business to sell tables to vendors. They (we) have to try to accomodate everyone. We do not take sides or go by what is politically correct or whatever. Promoters are in business to make money. We have to rent the building, pay electricity, rent the tables, book the dates, pay for advertising, so on and so forth. It is a lot of work.

There are vendors who we do not let vend, but we are NOT influenced by what the vendors say. We prohibit people from vending (and it is our call, not an email campaign) who we find are questionable or people who owe us money from previous shows or people who have ripped us off.

Our policy is that we DO NOT allow venomoiders to vend. That is OUR call, if David Hess wants to allow it, then that's HIS call.

I am a show promoter (www.Texasreptiles.com) and I understand and respect what other promoters allow. It doesn't mean I have to agree with it, but I respect them because I know what hard work it is to put shows on.
So, really what I am saying, is a promoter cannot stay alive and put on shows for the public just because you or someone else doesn't like a certain vendor.I'm sure the "venomoiders" are doing business, otherwise they would not continue to do that show.

I suggest, if you don't like the Hamburg shows because they allow venomoids, then don't go. (they won't miss you)
Shows go on despite YOUR feelings about that particular show.
Hell, I don't like the war, but it still goes on.

Randal Berry

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Seeing as the venomoid section is DEAD.... - thekidgecko, Thu Oct 20 21:43:40 2005
<< Previous topic:  Hamburg show & Venomoids - phobos, Sat Oct 15 19:14:25 2005