return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: mixing

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Uroplatus Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: uroplatusguy at Sat Jan 7 13:36:26 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by uroplatusguy ]  

I have thought about "mixing" the diffrent species. I know that in the zoo where one of my male babies lives he shares the vivarium with mantellas. I currently how a hatchling with a baby pygmy chameleon and one pair of my phants resides with an adult pair of pygmy chams. they dont apear to bother each other during the day or night. I would not mix neon day geckos or peacock day geckos with the smaller uros (phant, ebans)because of their need for very high temps(high 80's low 90's basking spot) you might be able to mix standings or giant days with fims,henks or linned.They do like heat but the whole tank does not need to be warm. I was thinking of mixing in a very large vivaria my pair of linned, a pair of standings and a pair of jacksons chameleons all in on tank. I have mixed jackons with anoles (green and brown) and they did not bother them at all. You see the chams would stay mostly on the plants, the day geckos and leaftails would hide on the glass/ in the plants but they are all active at difrent times and access diffrent areas of habitat.before mixing do as umop_apisdn suggested andread alot of care sheets and think before you mix. Hope this helps.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: mixing - joelski, Sat Jan 7 15:12:36 2006

<< Previous Message:  mixing - joelski, Sat Jan 7 08:00:53 2006