return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

A few Questions

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Venomoid ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: lwa at Sun Jan 8 12:52:46 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by lwa ]  

Hi,
I posted on the venomous forum and had some good constructive feedback. I would like to get some from here as well if possible. First I would like to say that it saddens me a great deal that in other postings I read the type of responses some gave just because of this sensitive nature and their own personal feelings. People come to these forums becasue they do not have the experience that alot of you do. They may ask what seems like a dumb question and you respond with sarcasm. Does this somehow make you feel better about yourself? I have considered a alterd specimen for my own saftey precautions and the fact that I have children and knowing full well that when I do make a mistake it will not cost me or them their lives. Aside from what I've read most feel that they are owned so owners may free handle their snakes. I feel this is also the case. But I feel that their are a few minorities. I believe that any snake you own to learn on say a coachwhip or racer or tree boa the fact remains if it gets out of hand you will grab it and take the hit. I feel that the same is true on a altered specimen as well. So my question here is how does one learn on non venomous as opposed to venomous. Would it not be better to learn on the species you wish to keep. Learn from it then move on to a venomous specimen.I myself can accept the consiquencies of my actions and the risks involved as I am choosing to do so. I would never have one alterd and am not sold on the idea of owning one. But I do wish to become educated on this higly debated topic.

I understand alot of responses like it may not have been done right or was done in unsanitary conditions. Or their is a possibility that it is still venomous due to a hack job.Or the debate on needing its venom for digestion or its inability to defend it self. Well It can will still very much bite. But if it is treated like it can and will kill you. Why not learn this way? Again I am just looking to become educated here.

Thank You

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereA few Questions - lwa, Sun Jan 8 12:52:46 2006

>> Next topic:  Venomoids - gopedrcr2005, Wed Jan 18 17:08:52 2006
<< Previous topic:  My two cents on the venomoid subject. and snakes in general - jojay327, Sat Dec 3 18:35:02 2005