return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Pietschmanni Eggs!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Uroplatus Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: froghog at Sun Jan 8 15:15:07 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by froghog ]  

Hi everyone... glad to report that i found some eggs from my corkbark leaftails today... i just got them on november 17... i quarantined for two weeks and a couple days after they were together i witnessed tail waving and other mating rituals by the male... they then began sleeping together... literally on top of one another on their favorite branch... about a week ago... i noticed the female was sleeping away from the male and then on the ground in the leaf litter... this morning i could not find her and once i lifted up some of the leaves in their enclosure i found her with two eggs... she was clutching on in her hind legs... i was wondering if anyone knew why they clutch the eggs in this fashion... anyway... now i have the two eggs incubating at about 75 with a nightime fluctuation down to 72... basically the same temps i use for my rhacs... i know the hatch rates for these guys is not great but hopefully these will survive... i have read some places that the eggs should not be in direct contact with moist incubation materials... i use perlite 1:2 with water... right now the eggs are just sitting on top of the perlite... is that ok? what do you all recommend? i've enclosed pics of the mother and the eggs... i will be purchasing another pair soon... i love these guys so much... such a beautiful species... they are the only uroplatus i work with though i may branch into sikorae soon... any help/input would be great... i'm new to this community and to the genus in general and i would love to share info with as many ppl as possible... thanks-paul

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Pietschmanni Eggs! - umop_apisdn, Sun Jan 8 16:13:10 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: Pietschmanni Eggs! - Mad_1234, Sun Jan 8 16:41:04 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: Pietschmanni Eggs! - uroplatusguy, Mon Jan 9 01:30:45 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: So very EGGCITING, congratulations :0) - PHEve, Tue Jan 10 01:16:56 2006