return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

UPDATE

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Candoia (Ground) Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: clydesdale at Fri Feb 3 11:13:36 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by clydesdale ]  

She has been sitting in her hide for 13 days since I got her and I decided to take her out to make sure she's still OK

My plan is to take her out and put her down on the back of a chair or something and let her sit for awhile. With dim lights and no distractions. Then I'll just put her back in her cage. I'll do this once a week and then start handling her more.

Anyway. I dumped her out of her hide into my hand and she seemed calm. So I put her on the back of a chair and she just sat there. Her colors are COMPLETELY different than the day I brought her home. She was grey with a black head. Now she is entirely reddish brown. I think it's because she's calmed down a lot.

Anyway, I sat there watching Seinfeld while she explored the chair. It was funny - at first she started moving so slowly it was barely noticable to the naked eye. Once she got into the fake leaves, she started crawling around more. Whenever I walked by she would jerk her head back and freak out a bit though.

When the time came to put her away, I didn't even have to untangle her from the rungs of the chair. She was a little nervous about being grabbed, but she didn't put up a fight. Once in my hands she was kind of exploring around.

Put her back in the cage and she went for a little dip in the pool and back into the hide.

So all went well! I'm so excited because she didn't flip out or attempt to bite.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: UPDATE - Clydesdale, Fri Feb 3 11:50:26 2006 image in post
>> Next Message:  RE: UPDATE - janome, Sat Feb 4 19:15:04 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: UPDATE - kikai, Fri Mar 3 09:59:29 2006 image in post

<< Previous Message:  new owner lots of questions = long post - Clydesdale, Sun Jan 22 11:13:49 2006