return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Should I feed her? Any opinions please???

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: coal at Sun Jul 27 15:09:42 2003   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by coal ]  

Hi,
I didnt get any replies last time but I have a new pic taken after her shed at my album...its the last pic in the album.
Here's the story again:
I have this female Columbian who I somewhat tried to breed by regulating temps and lights but didnt really expect it to work. At the time of the first introduction (Wyatt) my male was only 15 months old. After she ovulated (I think) I put him back in with her for a while. Neither time did I notice any breeding going on, or really courting. I noticed Wyatt kind of curling the end of his tail back and forth the second time and once I saw him doing it to her (maybe not purposely?) but she didnt seem to care or show any sign of interest.
Anyway, I'd like to know so I know if I should be feeding her or not. If she didnt go this year I'd like to try next year, but I want to be sure she's good and thick. I have heard of feeding while gravid hurting the babies or mom so I dont know what to do. She doesnt seem to really be getting thinner or fatter. When I took her out to clean her cage last time she seemed to be moving a little weird, like she was really touchy and when I set her in the chair she also acted weird, trying to get away but I had to have someone else watch her and hold her because she seemed like she was trying to get away but kept going over the edge/side of the chair and not being able to hold on and so she would have fallen to the floor. That's not like her, but I could be making a big deal out of nothing. She was also in shed so that could have something to do with it.
I dont know, but hopefully someone can help me.
Please visit this link and check out the dated pics there of Sheena. Her most recent record sheet is also there, as well as pics of her ovulating 5-31-03.
http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=Coal&album_id=144721
i want to know if I should feed her.

Thank you for any help, opinions or guesses.
Nicole

-----
Coal's Cold-Blooded Creations
Cook Minnesota

BOAS:
Gavin, Lydia, Hailee, and Jade ~ Dumeril's
Wyatt, Sheena, Shaylee, and Mary Jane ~ Columbian
Desdemona ~ Peruvian
Madeline ~ Surinam
Avery ~ Bolivian

CORNS:
Kiana and Sierra ~ Amel