return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Desert Iguana . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Sorry Randal-put one too many "L's" name

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Venomous Reptiles ]

Posted by: Carmichael at Mon Mar 13 06:38:45 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Carmichael ]  

N/P

>>First, Matt, great shots and I hope that the snake acclimates and does well for you.
>>
>>We had a similar situation with one of our bushmasters. We treated the affected ventral area with Silvadene and had great success. Thankfully, we didn't have to resort to antibiotics but that would have been our next course had the condition not cleared up in a very short amount of time.
>>
>>Randall, when you were at the zoo did you exhibit bushmasters? We currently have a colony of four stenophrys and it seems like the one that is on exhibit is always showing subtle signs of stress not matter how much "density" we provide in the exhibit. As soon as they go off exhibit, the feed and seem to do much better. We don't have huge traffic flow of people so I am unsure what is causing the problems (temps, humidity levels, etc. are all good). My only thought is that in an effort to "force" the snake to hide in a way where it can still be seen by the general public, that this perhaps could be putting undue stress on them.
>>
>>
>>>>IF it gets to the point of pink belly, then I agree, it's too late. If, though, its limited to a fungal infection, it can be treated.
>>>>
>>>>Ripa(2002, Second Edition)indicates that necropsy has yeiled Stenotrophomonas mallopholia and Flavobacterium odoratum. It also indicates the bleeding through capillaries.
>>-----
>>Rob Carmichael, Curator
>>The Wildlife Discovery Center at Elawa Farm
>>Lake Forest, IL
-----
Rob Carmichael, Curator
The Wildlife Discovery Center at Elawa Farm
Lake Forest, IL

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Last One-- defensive Shot. - Carmichael, Mon Mar 13 06:37:07 2006