return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Plated Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Possible gravid female please read.!! ??? inside

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: dilwann at Mon Jul 28 12:32:23 2003   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by dilwann ]  

Ok one of my female boas gave birth on 3-29-03 and has been acting gravid and looking very gravid. I paired her up with a male in september and kept the male with he until january just to make sure she was gravid. The male courted he every few weeks all the way into january. She gave me 20 live 3 stil borns and 2 slugs and she looked pretty thin after that. I normaly feed her rabbits but since then she has eatin only 1 rabbit and about 6 rats, only eating this much since giving birth she looks like she looked back in January. I have noticed her laying on her side a few times witch was common when she was gravid. So I guess my question is..... Is it possible that she had retained sperm while she was gravid? She has not been in contact with any snake since January. Can it be possible that she is gravid? Thanks

-Dylan
Pacific Constrictors
Pacific Constrictors

[ Hide Replies ]

• You Are Here Possible gravid female please read.!! ??? inside - dilwann, Mon Jul 28 12:32:23 2003

>> Next topic:  Color changes and their causes (lengthy) - Kevin Saunders, Mon Jul 28 14:42:36 2003
<< Previous topic:  How do you feel about a male Colombian for a 2nd Boa?...more... - dianeb, Mon Jul 28 11:35:12 2003