return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Just trying to better understand....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Hypoboa1 at Thu Mar 16 10:45:05 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Hypoboa1 ]  

>>Hey everyone i just wanted to know if i breed a pastel to a normal im going to get 50 percent pastels, 50 percent normals right? and if i breed a pastel to a pastel i have a chance of 25 percent super pastels. i kno thats how it goes for ball pythons.

I believe John basically said it all in his quotes below.I would like to first say I am NOT trying to argue just trying to better understand what an why their has been an arguement for years on what makes a pastel an what doesnt?We have well known bloodlines of pastels out their that came from Jeff Ronnes line of pastels an as john explained different degrees of pastelism.Then you have very high pink animals that meet the definition of pastels,without using a salmon or hypo to make these animals that way that arent pastels at allLike mine for example I just called them abberant very high pink redtails until some of the bigger guys started calling them pastels?Then one takes a normal very clean female that isnt a pastel,An breeds a hypo to her an she in her own isnt a pastel but because a hypo is known to reduce the black pigment an add alot of color,We call the normals in that litter pastels when the only reason for being clean an pink are from the inherited genes from the hypo.How does this make this boa a pastel?This is confusing to me.An I dont understand these things,when we all know that when a litter is produced we have animals that look like mom,some like dad an some like bothe an even like Andy said some that can possibly backfire an look completely different.Wow long winded,An I hope this isnt confusing an everyone understands what I am trying to say.Thanks,Eric

For ExampleAs babies the one male shows alot of coloration an cleanness even as a baby an the other don't,But now as a juvinile the abberant male that wasnt that hot pink as a baby is now.Does this make him a pastel or not?Thanks again Eric

-----
E&C's Exotic House of Reptiles

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Just trying to better understand.... - ajfreptiles, Thu Mar 16 11:25:26 2006

<< Previous Message:  breeding pastels and producing - chris61988kb, Wed Mar 15 22:20:17 2006