return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

The use of chemicals for mites is over!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: madisonrecords at Wed Mar 22 10:07:51 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by madisonrecords ]  

Never again, should anybody use chemicals to erradicate mites again! I posted a couple of weeks ago, concerning my investigations on using predator mites to kill reptile mites and most of what I found was the use of them overseas. Someone I know " whose name I cannot mention, " had bought a few Boas and put them in quarantine and they were infested with mites. He called me and asked for some advice and told him; " I have not had mites in years, but I heard that Hypoaspis Predator Mites could be the Holy Grail of erradicating reptile mites? " He ordered some from biconet and he said, that he could not believe the results! They have to be put on a bedding other than newspaper in order to work, but within 24 hours they had killed all the living mites and then hunted down the eggs! He said, he paid about 54 dollars shipped for them and the results were UNDENIABLE. After what I have read and now seeing this work for someone that I know, that is proof enough for me. One more way, to keep Boas from having to deal with any type of chemical and that is always a good thing.......Johnson Herp

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  How do they affect - giantkeeper, Wed Mar 22 10:35:24 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: The use of chemicals for mites is over!! - EricIvins, Wed Mar 22 13:06:13 2006
>> Next Message:  Sure wish they were more affordable - LauraV, Wed Mar 22 16:00:28 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: The use of chemicals for mites is over!! - Randall_Turner, Wed Mar 22 18:09:52 2006