return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Hognose . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Nov 10, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Nov 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Nov 17, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Nov 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Nov 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Nov 23, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Nov 23, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

My dragons genetics ??????

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: -okapi- at Thu Apr 6 14:55:34 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by -okapi- ]  

I recently went to a reptile show and bought two BD, one was for me and one was for my friend who breeds dragons, but didnt have the money on his person to buy it while we were there, so I bought it, and he will pay me back.

I bought mine for $100, but I consider it to be a real steal. He/she was hatched on 9-02-05 and has nice genetic diversity:
The father was a Hypo Red Hypo Pastel Leucistic, and the mother was a normal 100% het for leucistic.
Mine is yellow and white with orange markings on the head and body, as well as purplish color on its back, and yellow markings on the throat. The finger nails are clearish white and the eyes are a golden orange.

Now, since I dont know a thing about dragon genetics yet I dont know if it is expressing all the genes that the father had, but I can say that it is the best looking one Ive ever seen.

Based on my description, would you say it has those genes that the seller said its parents have? Here are some pics:
The top two are so you can see the head and back.
The bottem one is so you can see the orange markings on the side of the head.
Sorry the pics are so blury

I am new to BD genetics, and it seems to me that all morphs are polygenetic? So the 100% het mother wasnt really 100% het, or is the leucistic gene they are talking about truely a leucistic gene?
-----
Leopard geckos
Bull frog

[ Show Entire Thread ]