return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Hognose . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Nov 10, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Nov 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Nov 17, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Nov 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Nov 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Vision or Big Apple Acrylic? Help

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: christomas at Fri Apr 7 02:50:54 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by christomas ]  

Hello everyone. I am Chris. I have a lil daughter and a toddler son. For some time now, my daughter has been very very interested with beardies. She must have picked it from me since I love pets. Anyway, I am presently overseas and I will be going back home to Long Island next month. I thought getting her a few beardies as my coming home gift would be cool, so I went and placed an order for 4 baby beardies with Dragonzwhispers. Rhea has been very kind and helpful, giving me advices on how to properly care for these beautiful pets. I have been researching the net too for the last couple of weeks, trying to determine the proper set up and digesting all the info I can get my hands on. My biggest problem atm is the enclosures. From my readings, I gather that I will be needing four enclosures for each of the dragon I will be purchasing. These enclosures should be big enough to accomodate a growing dragon. I thought that it might be better to get a large one from the very start. I can simply partition them now, while they are still juveniles, and remove the partition as they grow. That way, I need not buy additional cages.

I want something that is at least 36" long, is stackable, and can use the Mega Ray mercury vapor bulbs. I simply cant afford to dedicate a special room for them, and thus would save precious real estate if I can stack all of them up. I read that mercury vapor lamps are a must if you want healthy, colorful beardies so I want to use them. Atm, two products seem to fill this requirements. One is the Big Apple acrylic cages, and the Vision cages. I was wondering if any of you here have tried either product and if they are worth it. Any suggestions and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading.

Chris

PS. Btw, I am a complete newbie to beardies and lizards and these will be my first enclosure. Honestly, all these have been stressing me out. I just dont want to break my lil daughters heart if something goes wrong. And as the adult, I feel that I am solely responsible to the health and longetivity of my pets.

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  RED BEARDED DRAGONS - PIMPTURTLE, Fri Apr 7 13:25:34 2006
<< Previous topic:  I only have one so... - hevychevy427, Thu Apr 6 17:57:43 2006