return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

03 Albino Het Stripe Female - WB info

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: RyanHomsey at Fri Apr 7 23:33:39 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by RyanHomsey ]  

I just got an upgraded white balance card in the mail and thought I would illustrate it's usefulness...

Excuse the dirty newspaper by the way, I was opening her cage to clean it when I noticed she was balled up... wanted to snap some shots while I had the chance.

Okay, so whats a white balance card?

Its a uh, card, that is placed in one of the pictures to later get a reading from to calibrate the white balance in perfect tune with the lighting. The card I just got is rediculously overpriced for what it is (costs them probably two bucks to make) ... but they hand test each one with some high end calibration machine so I know its accurate.

This is the first time I have really put the card to the test in a low light situation... where white balance really tends to mess up. The end result are the most accurate low light pictures ive ever taken. Im certainly pleased.

Oh and the boa aint bad either, eh? She's 5.5ft and feeding on extra large rats.

The first pic is the camera's auto white balance .. I did not calibrate it to the card in the picture. All the other shots are calibrated... they are far more accurate to what I see in person.

-----
Take Care,

-Ryan Homsey

www.topnotchboas.com

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I've got.... - PBM, Sat Apr 8 00:03:05 2006