return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

OOOOOOOk look.....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: tsusnakeguy at Sat Apr 8 16:00:54 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by tsusnakeguy ]  

I know folks are tired of post about this but I want to say something and you dont have to listen if you dont want to and you can reply whatever you want to this. I don't breed boas yet. I am trying and I have nothing to special, some normals and a hypo thats it. But this whole thing has gotten out of hand. I am going to speak as a non-breeder member of this community, someone that loves boas and all snakes for that matter. Does no one see what is going on here. This snake is a week old and we are fighting over what someone should call it. Now first I understand to do something like these two guys have done takes a lot of time, money, and patience. I mean if you had those snakes since babies or have been mixing to get all that stuff thats very impressive and you should be congratulated on all of it. Now I know that some folks don't like Moonglow and some don't like Snowglow. Now first we don't know what this snake will even look like in a month or in 2 years when it is breeding. Heck it doesn't even glow like the sunglows, it just happens to have hypo in there. You don't see ghost being called Ghostglows. Now I am not trying to start a fight just stating points I have seen from all the replies and arguments in the last couple of days. Both guys can call their respective snakes whatever they want. I mean with time we will see what name sticks, it has to pass the test of time with the buyers and breeder.

I also do not understand what color people were expecting. I think it looks exactly like what it should. A ghost looks the way everyone would expect. Hypo is a lessening in darker melanin and also causes the pattern to lessen. Well is that not what happened with the snow. I mean no one expected orange or anything did they?

Look whatever the name is then thats what it will be, we will only know with time. But please what ever you do, don't turn this into another ball python thing. Where there are 20 names for one morph. I also know people want their name on a line of animals and thats great but what is wrong with putting your last or first name on the front of a morph name. Like a Bob hypo or a Jim albino, whatever. That is in response to the 20 million line breedings of hypos and albinos and motleys or whichever morph you want to attach that to.

Ok sorry to waste your time but thats my two cents.
-----
1.1 Motley het butter corns
0.1 Snow corn
0.1 Okeetee corn
1.0 Anery mutt corn
0.1 Stripe Ghost corn
0.1 Amelanistic corn het carmel
2.1 Colombian Redtails
1.0 Hypo Colombian redtail
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
1.0 Anery Kenyan sand boa
0.1 Normal Kenyan sand boa

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  As long as... - Psycodelic, Sat Apr 8 16:09:30 2006
>> Next Message:  These are my thoughts as well....>>> - Sojourner, Sun Apr 9 07:58:51 2006