return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

What is the protocol?.....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: kirby at Sun Apr 9 12:27:54 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kirby ]  

First let me say it is very nice to hear the opinion of the big breeders like you and Frank on this issue. I am curious to know what Rich, Jeremy, Pete and others think.

Now a few questions.
Is the naming of a new morph the right of the producer of the first snake if it is born dead?

How should the first snake be docummented; in this case Justin notified other people but should a public notification be required to acknowledge the producer of the first snake?

Finally, and this is more of an opinion question, do you favor the use of unique names for morphs or more generic descriptive terms like snowghost. I ask this because you have been fortunate through your hard work to be in the position to name a number of morphs and have used both descriptive and unique names and I wonder if there is a guideline you follow?

The boa world will probably produce a number of new combination morphs in the next few years and it would be nice to have these issues clarified so this kind of problem can be avoided in the future.

Bill Kirby

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Micheal, Bill, Brock, Tray..... - Jeremy Stone, Mon Apr 10 00:19:27 2006

<< Previous Message:  A little levity regarding naming... - Tracy Barker, Sun Apr 9 10:34:39 2006