return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Mother's Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I totally disagree....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: kirby at Sun Apr 9 15:22:14 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kirby ]  

What I had were hypos het for anery and het for albino. They would only be triple hets for avalanche if I produced the first hypo snow and named it avalanche. The other people may have called their animals triple het for snowglow but until the definitive animal is produced and named they were nothing more than hypos het for anery and albino. You don't have naming right's to a morph just because you produce hets. A line or a morph isn't named based on the hets.

For example, what if the first produer of the hypo snow decided to name this boa a Blizzard which is totally within their rights. Is he/she not allowed to use this name because dhets for another project are called dhets for Blizzard even though a Blizzard has not yet been produced? Obviously they could name it a Blizzard. The animals for the other project would still be what they always were doublehets for type2anery and albino.

I think this does raise a good overall point and that is in the naming of hets. I would propose that hets for combination morphs be named exactly what they are and leave the naming of the actual morph to the first producer of the animal. For example dhets hets for the albino blood boa would be called exaclty that and whoever produces the first albino blood can call it whatever he or she wants. I think this would make things easier and avoid some of the current problems.

Bill Kirby

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE:Does everyone notice...... - JL_Reptiles, Sun Apr 9 15:29:36 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: I totally disagree.... - DaveyFig, Sun Apr 9 16:05:46 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: There was plenty of doubt... - DaveyFig, Sun Apr 9 12:54:11 2006