return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

My view and its only a view...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Red_Hydra at Sun Apr 9 16:56:44 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Red_Hydra ]  

Ok after reading all of today' s posts regarding the Hypo Snow or Moonglow or whatever people want to name it or at least feel it should be called I came to 1 conclusion. And thinking it threw this is what I wonder people can answer better from a neutral stand point.

1. Does someone name a new morph the day it arrives in this world?

2. Does someone name a new morph even if the boa does not survive?

3. Does someone name a new morph if its currently alive?

4. Does the name stick if the animal for some reason does not survive to reproduce its gene pool?

These to me are 4 questions that no matter how you wish to see it still goes back to first of creation. Justin had bad luck but was still the first to produce this wonder I call Hypo Snow. You all may disagree and call it Moonglow, Snowglow or Whatchamacallitglow, but like many said before making a new name for something that was techically called and labeled years before a Snowglow is just more ego than anything else. Most agree with Hypo Snow or Snowglow, so why is there so much "hype" to the fancy name of Moonglow?

Well that is easy it does not really fit the animal and the direction it took on marketing the name is just a sign of ego going beyond a realistic naming of this animal. I guess in the long run will we just call it that to keep the confusion down or will the name be as rare as this boa at the time. My opinion is the Moonglow name is just a fancy way to build a name, since we can' t travel into the future and the tables were turned would people be jumping on Snowglow or Hypo Snow...who knows.

But Hypo Snow just doesn' t stroke an ego like a fancy name would. But like I posted before both Justin and Mark should come up with a respectful conclusion to this. Sure we can all put our input in but really only 2 people here can actually say anything about it. If 1 day I should be so lucky to produce this gene pool, its a Hypo Snow no matter what.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Naming the white snake... - DaveyFig, Sun Apr 9 11:05:37 2006