return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: The Kingsnakes of Florida . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Mother's Day . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - June 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Bill, I respectfully disagree here..

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Jeremy Stone at Mon Apr 10 00:40:47 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Jeremy Stone ]  

Bill, I understand what you are saying, but here is where I disagree with you on the the Blizzard issue.

I think if someone produces DH's of a first kind, they should name the more that will be produced. Now, does that mean anyone could change it? Of course, but should they? The only reason I would think they would do that is for pure "RECOGNITION" or if the first name of the DH's was inconsitant with what it was going to be. (I guess that could be speculative).

I think that names should be consistent with other snakes. Not just someone who produces something and names it just to put his NAME on the snake. I know there are a few examples where this doesn't work. Hypo in Ball pythons for one. They call it a ghost. I don't know WHY!!!!! Anyway.......Blizzard for instance.

In Cornsnakes, there is a Snow, and a Blizzard. The Snow is the Type 1 Gene. The Blizzard, is the Type 2 gene. So, this is why I called it this. Not to Put "MY" name on it. (I know there is still some uncertainty weather the Type 1 and 2 genes are compatible). However, they are different enough to give them a name. I also think there may be more to the Type 2 gene then just anerythristic. But that is stricktly my opinion.

So, if someone produces a Live version of the animal from DH Blizzard to DH Blizzard, and names it a different name. . (There has been a STILL BORN BLIZZARD PRODUCED). That doesn't meant that WILL be the name.

For Insantance. GHOST BOAS. You were the first to produce them. Long before you produced them, many people had DH ghost Boas. Had you of produced them, and called them the KIRBY boa, I am sure the ghost name still would have prevailed. Ghost is a name that was being followed by the Cornsnake Breeders. It was talked about in magazines and all over the Net long before it was ever produced. So, did the first person who produced DH ghost boas name them that? I don't think so. It is the Same with the SNOW....

Now, here is where I may agree with your principle. If you buy a BLOODLINE that has a name to it, and you produce something that has never been seen and is inherently genetic, then you can call it a new name.

I hope my disagreeance with Bill on this issue does NOT in anyway show any disrespect for him, as I have a ton of respect for Bill, and almost always see eye to eye with him. Just not on this one. lol

Jeremy Stone

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: I totally disagree - kirby, Sun Apr 9 21:46:05 2006