return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fire Skink . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Leopard Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Gravid? Or just being weird?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: ChaosCat at Tue Jul 29 16:30:18 2003   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ChaosCat ]  

I'm leaning towards gravid, but since the other boa that gave birth didn't act anywhere like this, I'm not sure.

So far in the past few months, she has started showing signs of aggression whenever I attempt to take her out of her enclosure, and her body started swelling (VERY slight-you can only tell if you notice the scales are so stretched out you can see the skin between them-otherwise she just looks normal, just larger than my male).

She's still eating-but yesterday she began the hissing, which she has only done while in shed. Then this morning I go downstairs to find her stretched out almost conpletely under a curled-over piece of newspaper, bottom-half over the UTH, and the middle of her body on its side. She made little attempt to roll back over when prodded slightly, just hissed at me.

She's definitely NOT constipated-she's been pooping out large, tapioca-looking stool, with only one normal stool. I've been debating for awhile on if she is gravid or not-but since she was still eating, I wasn't sure. I've talked to a few other people and have been told theirs ate all the way up to the due date.....

Here's some pics (sorry they are bad, but I don't want to disturb her)

On her side:

Being able to see skin between her scales (tail end of her):

Looking lumpy:

Any ideas? She doesn't look NEARLY as chunky as all the other gravid boa pics I've seen-but then again, she is a dwarf species after all. The other female, when she was gravid, had no side-turning, just hissing, looked fat, and wouldn't eat.

-cat
-----
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://chaoscat.lowerground.net/herps/
My collection and herp photography

http://www.lowergroundreptiles.net
Lower Ground Reptiles

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Non Feeding BOAS: Can you help me...? - Alan, Tue Jul 29 16:34:57 2003
<< Previous topic:  boa registry web address? anyone know it? NP - dilwann, Tue Jul 29 16:00:45 2003