return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

No one interested in that post on Kansas

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Law Center & Forum ]

Posted by: mchambers at Mon Apr 10 17:14:17 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mchambers ]  

I thought it would receive some noteworthy replies on the situation. Maybe because it's really true that the bill and proposal leading up to it was almost non-finding by the general herp community. I would read that post again ( and this one ) with your grain of " salts " because of what many of you don't know, there are several states looking at this bill and the passing as to doing the same and it may eventually lead to the large constrictors ( it was proposed and questioned by my state ) and possibly large or capable getting large lizards including iguanas. Not to mentioned that all crocadillians was considered. Now I could say no skin off my nose because I no longer keep venomous let alone any reptile at this time. I'm not trying to be an alarmist or is interested in any praise or even a pat-on-the-back. I see this as it is. The analogy of that foot in the door syndrome is in my thoughts.
All that I asked was how ( if ) easy or non-complicated one could find the proposal leading up and to the actual bill being soon passed. My reasons should be obvious >

#1...attempt to hide it or
#2...it was made to almost impossible to find or
#3...voided ( if not voided then what ? )to be found on any upcoming legislative agendas of the states wildlife web-site
#4...very discreet and or non-communications of any info if there was a period for protest and or talk before becoming a bill let alone the pre-bill of proposal/s concerning the reptile part agenda

This has been in the making for almost 2 years now. I see it as if it can happen to my state.........
-----
I may be old , cantankerous, crabby, and cynical, but......

[ Show Entire Thread ]