return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Tortoise . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Nov 10, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Nov 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Nov 17, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Nov 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Hatchling Problems

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: mystical-dragons at Thu Apr 13 12:25:41 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mystical-dragons ]  

Ohh Man sorry you had another nip. That one has to be separated out. Try to find him a home early where he'll be the only dragon in the tank. I start my babies in 65 quart rubbermaid/sterlites then as they grow (about 2 weeks)I separate them by size into larger 95 quart bins. I try to keep as few as possible to a bin. I made a shelf system out of a wire rack they sell at home depot. It has 4 shelves, and I can fit 3 bins per shelf. The lights get attached to each shelves bottom, and the shelves can be raised and lowered depending on what sized bins you use. Works well and gives lots of housing options.

it's not done in this picture but you'll get the idea. The top row of bins are 65 quart, and the bottom two rows are 95 quart. As they age grow and new clutches hatch I move them down into larger bins. I use dual 4ft fixtures with UVB bulbs, and found incandescent fixtures that attach to the wire shelving. Each levels fixtures are run together, and I use 75 watt halogens for each, and each row gets plugged into a dimmer. The dimmer lets me dim the lights of each level, and helps me get perfect basking temps for the babies.

-----

Mystical-Dragons Web Site
Webshots photos

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Question about your rack!!! - FireDrake, Thu Apr 13 19:30:19 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: Hatchling Problems - beachbeardies, Thu Apr 13 23:03:31 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: Hatchling Problems - beachbeardies, Wed Apr 12 16:09:48 2006