return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Tortoise . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Nov 10, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Nov 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Nov 17, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Nov 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Question about your rack!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: Mystical-dragons at Fri Apr 14 12:44:58 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Mystical-dragons ]  

The reason I didn't post the finished product yesterday was because I actually took it down yesterday morning. LOL figures. I'm actually moving this week so everything is getting packed up and moved. Finally going to have my own reptile room!! I'm as happy as a pig in mud.. yeah something like that. That's a huge plus with this rack. If your done for the season you just break it down, and put it in storage till next time.

It's basically fairly easy to attach lights. I found these awesome fixtures that hook on to the wire rack at home depot.. i actually got a pic of the part number, so that should help you find it.. just take that number to the store, and ask where they keep it. Of course it'll be in electrical by all the other fixtures, so you can just go and look there too LOL.

I'll do my best for you anyway. Basically I just take a regular extension cord run it from one side of the shelf to the other and mark it where it is in the middle of each bin. Then these fixtures are cool... you just split the cord in the middle where the fixture should go. you put the fixture through the cord so each side of the cord runs on each side of the fixture.. then you spin the fixture causing a razor to splice into each side of the extension cord, and bingo you got light!!

everything gets run to one side of the unit where they all get plugged into a surge protector and timer.

This picture shows the fixture top open. you put the wire so one is on one side, and the other on other, then you just twist and snap it shut

ahh and why not.. freshly shed Myah babies

if you'd like drop me an email, and I'll get a picture to you when I have it set up again.
-----

Mystical-Dragons Web Site
Webshots photos

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  THANKs - FireDrake, Fri Apr 14 20:27:01 2006

<< Previous Message:  Question about your rack!!! - FireDrake, Thu Apr 13 19:30:19 2006