return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Colubrids . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Nov 10, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: cage question?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: junglehabitats at Wed Jul 30 18:28:15 2003   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by junglehabitats ]  

I would say use 3/4 material... why ? a 4'x2' is a decent cage size but would stand the possibility of failing after useage due to weight of snakes and other items in the cage ( water bowls,substrates etc.)by failing i mean "sagging in the middle" if the cage is built with a "face frame" it will support the overall span of the cage keeping it from sagging if 1/2" materail is used but you would want to "dado" the face frame so that the 1/2" material is recessed into the frame of the cage .I would say use safety glass due to the lexan/plexi will become marred or scratched with time from scales and debris ( substrates) and i would also suggest if you use glass pay the extra $ for the proper track hardware this will last a lifetime and also not be split,cracked or warped due to heat or the weight of the glass such as plastic tracks do.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  cage question? - snakemanmatt30, Wed Jul 30 18:14:20 2003