return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Question for Retic Keepers. . . .

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Reticulated Pythons ]

Posted by: fred albury at Wed May 31 14:34:46 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by fred albury ]  

After reading the thread on another forum, I came on here to ask those of you that qualify as experts with Retics and perhaps other large pythons/boids. Im not asking you to either demonize, nor sanctify the snakes you are keeping or have kept, just want your honest opinion. On the "other" forum mention was made of Tiger/Supertiger Retics as being the most "placid" and "gentle" giant snake of those that are available, even burms. This flies directly in the face of what I have seen with a FEW adult c/b male Retics...Tigers,Yellowheads( Territorial and feeding response from hades also) So..I ask you all, these two questions.

#1) Out of all of the giant snakes you have owned, WHICH one type has been the most consistantly gentle and responsive?

#2) Are Tigers/Supertigers from established well known bloodlines really that much more tame and calm than , say Yellowhead that are c/b or silvers that are c/b or albino lavenders that are captive bred, or Jampeas?

I tend to like SILVERS..a lot. There was one on here years ago, I forgot its name (Hagrid?), but it was posted on here quite often, the girl that had it kept it and it got large. LOVED the way that thing looked.

Thanks for your input. Realize that this isnt the most high level Retic question and wreaks of novice, but when it comes to Retics I am just that, so please help and answer it.

Thanks in advance

Fred Albury

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Question for Retic Keepers. . . . - BOtt, Wed May 31 15:40:25 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: Question for Retic Keepers. . . . - fuscusking, Wed May 31 22:14:44 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: Question for Retic Keepers. . . . - Sarge2004, Wed May 31 22:51:23 2006
>> Next Message:  Hagrid is a bat-eater... - tcdrover, Thu Jun 1 08:24:29 2006
>> Next Message:  It's all about - tailswithscales, Thu Jun 1 11:59:02 2006