return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Question for Retic Keepers. . . .

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Reticulated Pythons ]

Posted by: Sarge2004 at Wed May 31 22:51:23 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Sarge2004 ]  

I have raised several retics and have normals, tigers, and supertigers. This is just my opinions and direct experience with them. Of all my various boas/pythons I have been bitten far less by retics than all the others combined. You have to understand retic behavior and their strong feeding response. Once the feeding response is cancelled and out of the cage my retics are very docile and appear to like being out and handled. They are very intelligent and inquisitive snakes. Of course you never take them lightly, always have your guard up, and have a person(s) that know what to do with you when handling the big ones. I have not had a retic when out suddenly strike me for no apparent reason as I have burms do. It has often been said that the tigers/supers are calmer than normals but many dispute this. In my experience my tigers/supers do seem a bit more inclined to have a milder feeding response and to drop that response more than my normals. They seem more laid back. I have encountered some really nsatty tigers/supers also. Every snake is an individual and most are what there keepers make them to be. Bill.
-----
...three years ago it was just another snake cult...
The Retic is King.
Anacondas-the other Dark Side.
Afrocks-the dark side of the Dark Side.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Question for Retic Keepers. . . . - fred albury, Wed May 31 14:34:46 2006