return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Question for Retic Keepers. . . .

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Reticulated Pythons ]

Posted by: fuscusking at Fri Jun 2 16:44:00 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by fuscusking ]  

I would really like to see the burms you guys have, as I have never seen one that wouldnt strike at glass or at least think about it. My 13 year old burm still strikes the glass and he was cb and he eats more than any snake I have. I have worked with dozens of burms and they all are food mongers and have to constantly be reminded that they are not eating. I also havent seen many retics that come out and try to hide. Mine will come out and has to go all over the place and everywhere. She nevers strikes the glass and never offers a food response unless she is being fed. The other retics I have worked with will beg, but once you opne the door and dont have food they let it go. The retic that I have now was a resuce and had a really bad mouth infection and my friend had to pull teeth out of her mouth by hand and nnever once did she even try to bite him, and it wasnt like this was a one time thing, she had to have her mouth cleaned out by hand daily for a few weeks. Find me a burm that would understand, or trust someone enough to let them do that. Once you have earned your retics trust and respect there is a bond there you just cant ever get with a burm. Burms are still one of my favorites, but they are the blondes of the snake world.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Question for Retic Keepers. . . . - sonoranreptile, Fri Jun 2 17:15:01 2006 image in post

<< Previous Message:  RE: Question for Retic Keepers. . . . - RaverTanker, Fri Jun 2 11:27:03 2006