return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Anyone got pics of the type 2 albinos

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Reticulated Pythons ]

Posted by: herpnut at Mon Jun 12 23:26:07 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by herpnut ]  

I guess since my husband is currently in Indonesia it is my duty to stand up here and explain a few things. First of all, Al and I did not accomplish the first cross of the tiger line into the Amels.... the credit goes to Pete Kahl, as he successfully bred his female to a Tiger male in 1999. The Tiger hets were sent to our facility along with the original female (Amelia) on breeding loan in 2000. I do believe that Clark and Wilbanks have also produced and sold Amel (aka Type II) Tigers and Super Tigers so I would imagine that their line looks a lot like the ones produced here, since their original hets came from us from the same breeding as the Tiger hets. So there probably is no different "line" that will look more like the original female. There are several pictures showing the gradual color change of the pattern morphs on our website, including a picture of Pete's original female shortly after she was imported in Jan. of '97.

Just for the record.... Clark's original "Type II" female and the original "Amel" female are two different animals, two different bloodlines. There have been animals produced from the "Amel" bloodline that were sold as "Type II" albinos. Does this matter to anybody? Everybody seems to have their own opinion. The fact is, all albino retics are awesome animals. It just depends on what you like. There is something out there for everybody.

Cindy Baldogo
Baldogo Reptiles

Link

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Anyone got pics of the type 2 albinos - BigJim55, Fri Jun 9 14:18:41 2006