return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Inverse Tail Stripe Ivory Anerythristic:

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: boaphile at Tue Jun 13 10:42:12 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by boaphile ]  

This is what we posted conducting a little poll to see what we might have born from this particular breeding. This is the original post:

What is going to happen with this breeding?

This is an Ivory male Anerythristic that is 2 1/2 years old breeding an Ivory Anerythristic female that is 5 1/2 years old. Neither has ever reproduced. He has the inverse tail stripe and to date is the only Anerythristic that has popped out with this for me. He, and she are related to the original Pearlescent Hypo Boa that had an inverse tail stripe which proved to be genetic three years ago.
I am hoping that the Pearlescent Boas will prove out yet further this year by producing some "Supers". That is some time down the road but we are optimistic about that happening. But should that prove that there is in fact a "Super" version of that mutation, it could very well be that this inverse tail stripe, as well as other inverse tail stripes out there, should they also prove genetic at all, could produce inverse tail stripe "Supers" too! Wouldn't that be exciting! I can't wait to see what happens! The majority of inverse tail stripes are not genetic. Most do not prove out. However, this male and his cousin are related to the original Pearlescent male. So what do you think?

Here he is was January 18, 2006:

This was him the day is was born:

Here he is today:

Today is day 104 after the POS. She has been very unsettled for two days. I would have bet lot of money she was going to have them last night, but alas I am still waiting. She is half under the Aspen bedding and has her tail end in the "nest" she made clearing out the cool corner of the cage. I keep checking and checking. Nothing yet but it will be soon.

Here are the poll results:

1. 00.00% We will not get any young with aberrancies.
2. 4.76% Some aberrant babies but not inverse tail stripes.
3. 33.33% Some babies with the inverse tail stripe.
4. 61.90% Babies with the inverse tail stripe and more!

I personally voted for option 4 but that is maybe more hope than reality. We shall see... soon I hope!

What do you think we will get?

Jeff Ronne

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  I think you will get... - Psycodelic, Tue Jun 13 14:07:18 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: Inverse Tail Stripe Ivory Anerythris - boaphile, Tue Jun 13 21:48:27 2006