return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Desert Iguana . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Frog . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks for the compliment Frank. MORE...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: boaphile at Sat Jun 17 20:17:36 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by boaphile ]  

Thanks for the compliment Frank. That has been done a few times. A few times in the last week that is... It happens all the time. People want me to verify that an animal was purchased from me. I do my best to do so, and if I cannot I just say I can't verify it for a fact. That is unless I know it isn't true, which it too often is. Then I relay that information. Sad but true, most of the time I am unable to verify it. This seems to be the most common with hets. A good reputation takes a long time to establish and it is just too tempting apparently for some to mislead potential customers.

Pictures. People love pictures. Post pictures of the babies after they are born. Post pictures of the parents you are hoping to have babies from. Post pictures of the animals you purchase and are hoping to breed years down the road. A perfect example is "Spidey". Everyone knows about this unbelievable beautiful Boa. People will be standing in line waiting for babies from this puppy when they are born:

This animal is owned by Mat Rivera and is one of the most striking Hypos anywhere and everyone knows about it because Mat won't let me, I mean he won't let anyone forget. He is always posting pictures of this screaming beautiful beast. I only wish it were mine...

If you are going to try to sell Boas that are het for something, you will serve yourself very well to take as many photos of the breeding as possible. The better you can document that the animals you are selling are in fact het, the better off you are. If the mother of the animals offered is for instance an Albino, by all means get pictures of her with the babies even if you don't witness the birth. A thin worn out Albino guarding those babies will tell the tale, or is it tail... That helps to remove doubt from potential customers who are especially hesitant to trust an unknown person for hets. Those photographs can make the difference. Beyond that, you have to have the best animals to breed that you can afford. Beauty triumphs name every time I think. Or at least much of the time.

Good luck and get those really great looking animals.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Thanks Jeff! np - cfoley, Sat Jun 17 20:32:24 2006
>> Next Message:  At least you seem to know... - PGoss, Sat Jun 17 21:42:37 2006
>> Next Message:  you earned the compliment Jeff n/p - FrankR, Sun Jun 18 10:02:06 2006

<< Previous Message:  Just say Jeff Ronne produced them..... - FrankR, Sat Jun 17 19:46:57 2006