return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Frog . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Sept 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Sep 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Sept 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Sept 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Sept 17, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Well I talked to one professor...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: ChrisGilbert at Tue Jun 20 16:26:22 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ChrisGilbert ]  

and he was interested in helping me with my research. There are two professors there (husband and wife) who were the ones to reclassify Bushmasters. I don't know much about the project, partially because I never had an interest in venemous, and partially because I didn't get to meet him.

Cornell does have a fairly large herpetology club, but I don't know about academic programs. They have had some trouble after New York put their ban into effect last year. Many of the animals in the university's collection were collected in the field by professors, or donated, so there are some pretty interesting stories behind some. The professor I was talking to shared his capture of a Gila Monster.

Cornell's veterenary school is ranked very high, and I would expect they have some connections to herpetology. On of my High School friends who is going there as well is studying to be a vet, so I think that she will have some things to offer as well. Most of the work I want to do right now doesn't require the animals themselves, but just blood samples of enzyme testing. I can say one thing, it will be an incredible time!

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: The description relates well to me... - BoaMorph, Tue Jun 20 01:41:58 2006