return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Python . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

It was more of a heating................

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Ruben14 at Mon Jun 19 14:34:05 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Ruben14 ]  

misunderstanding. I keep some of my boas at my grandmothers house do to space at my apartment and the room I keep my boas in regulates it self very well if it's set up right. For 3 years I never had a problem with heat or cold. Well, that day was our first really hot day of the summer and the night before the door was shut to the room to keep the right temp but my g-ma left really early and didn't open the door and put the fan on like she usually does cause I was supposed to go by late morning to clean and stuff. Well, she calls about 4:30 and asks if i'm still coming by and I told her yes and was the door opened and the fan tuned on this morning? She said no,I just opened it an hour ago cause she thought I was coming by a lot earlier! At that point I freaked and dropped what I was doing and hauled major A$$ to my house but it was too late! I didn't have a thermostat on the rack cause like I said before the way the temps regulated was fine if the doors were right and most of the stories I hear about stuff like this happening was do to faulty thermostats so.............Now basically if I had one it wouldn't of happened!!! Well, i'm know going to invest in the double thermostats so this will hopefully NEVER happen again. All in all it's totally my fault and all I can do is learn and take the steps I need to to prevent this from happening again.

Ruben Michel

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  One Incredible Girl.......... - ajfreptiles, Mon Jun 19 12:20:52 2006
<< Previous topic:  Peru redtail CB 2005, photo from today.. - RioBravoReptiles, Mon Jun 19 11:55:38 2006