return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Plated Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: clark line albnios...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Reticulated Pythons ]

Posted by: prehistoricpets at Wed Aug 30 19:43:11 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by prehistoricpets ]  

That all sounds good, but I have had all three phases hatch in the same clutch and all the normal hets look exactly the same in the clutch. I have had this it happen more than once in my breeding experiences. I have also had purples lay babies from the brightest white to the darkest purple in the same clutch. It seems the Clark strain gene can be influenced by temperature, selective breeding, and other unknown causes, unlike the other strains. That is why out of all the strains I have, the multicolored Clark strain is my favorite. I like that you get it all in one package. Bob bred a caramel albino to a caramel albino and created another form of a white phase which would suggest that the animal will darken with age or will be able to create multiple strains from another new line. The genetics of the normal that are mixed with the albinism has a great effect on the outcome of the colors, this being very prevalent in the dwarf albinos and I’m sure the albino genetic stripe will also make some crazy new colors. We will be seeing plenty of new and exciting colors in the next 18 months.

Aren’t Retic cool

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: clark line albnios... - awesomo6000, Mon Jun 26 13:01:23 2006