return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Vans pulls misguided ad . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Agama . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - June 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - July 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - July 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - July 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - July 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - July 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Thanks Everybody!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ]

Posted by: -Holly- at Mon Jul 3 00:12:51 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by -Holly- ]  

Hiya!
Thank you everybody for the positive comments and your kind appreciation! I don¡¦t spend a lot of time with people (I prefer the company of animals) But you guys and gals have really made my day. Happy! Don¡¦t forget your best teacher and best source of information lives in your enclosure, the monitorƒº

There is no need to ask if you want to save or print a post of mine, I would only be upset if you tried to pass a copy on to someone else as your own thoughts. Though¡K as I think about it, it was very respectful to be asked. Your monitor will appreciate that quality in you!

To Phantompoo¡K

It doesn¡¦t hurt to have a small bottle of vinegar or alcohol nearby your cage for just such an occasion. Accidents happen. You can buy a perfect bottle (cheap) at a beauty supply that is meant for doing highlights in hair. It only takes one hand to use, pick it up and squeeze. It has a very small elongated tip so you can easily put the tip in it¡¦s mouth without giving a huge dose to the monitor. I suspect it really doesn¡¦t take all that much. This type of bottle is also a very effective way of keeping the nasty stuff out of their eyes.

I just asked my son (a stylist) about the bottle and he let me borrow one for a picture, unfortunately I realized I can¡¦t include it in this post because I lent my camera out for the day. I put one up when I get it back.

It is extremely unlikely the monitor you let climb on your shoulder would attack you without some provocation. In most cases it would have to be experiencing fear, feeding response, or anger. Of course some monitors are psycho, but you would be able to tell that before you let it climb all over you. Don¡¦t rub meat on your ears or neck to be on the safe side¡K.hahahahah! A long time ago I read this story about a guy who was eating meat, and right after went to hang out with his monitor. The guy stuck his tongue out and the monitor grabbed it (smells like meat, looks like meat¡K.) At the end of the story he said ¡§April fools!¡¨. Thank goodness¡K. It¡¦s still a good idea not to put your face right in their face. Sounds like your biter was pissed. Could be fear too, but the way he gnawed on you sounds like he had really had enough of ¡§your way¡¨.
Thanks for sharing! ¡VH-

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Thanks Everybody! - phantompoo, Tue Jul 4 00:26:27 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: Thanks Everybody! - razaiel, Tue Jul 11 06:24:18 2006

<< Previous Message:  HANDLING (not taming!) and other stuff - -Holly-, Sat Jul 1 23:04:15 2006