return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: That was great Holly

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ]

Posted by: FR at Sun Jul 2 01:50:15 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

I still disagree with a tiny bit, and I even remember what this time. Your post is still great.

I think a lot is about our sexes. You tend to bond or make friends with males and I with the females. For me, the males do what the human males do here on KS, they want to fight instead of play.

I once had a reptile biologist from here come over for the first time and I went into a outdoor lacie cage. Immediately the female walked over and laid on my leg and put her arm around me. And closed her eyes. The biologist said, I cannot believe that. I said, I think I handled her to much when she was little. As she likes me and not the other males. hahahahahahahahaha which is true.

I think monitors bond with eachother. I think they normally bond with their litter mates or young of the same year. This bonding normally occurs when they are very young, after that, it becomes less and less trustful as they age. Kinda a first love thing.

They also form hunting partnerships.

Those are two types of bonding I believe monitors understand.

These two types of bonding are avenues of approach for keepers to form a relationship with their monitors.

The point to this is, in order to form a relationship with an animal, it must understand and have behaviors that lend to that relationship.

The rest of your post is wonderful and I thank you for taking the time and effort. Your needed here.

The problem with me is, I am kinda like a male monitor. Independant, blunt, to the point, and if you don't like it, tuff beans. But then, If I like you, I REALLY like you. hahahahahahahaha

I find monitors to be highly social, not mammal social, or bird social but monitor social. Almost every behavior they exhibit, includes and is about other monitors. To me, that is social. So for me. The are easily tamed, or handle able, as you say. Thanks

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: That was great Holly - bigwizzkid, Sun Jul 2 10:05:13 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: That was great Holly - -Holly-, Mon Jul 3 00:07:45 2006

<< Previous Message:  HANDLING (not taming!) and other stuff - -Holly-, Sat Jul 1 23:04:15 2006