return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

A New Project...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: wetceal at Tue Jul 11 17:59:58 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by wetceal ]  

I just wanted to share some photos of a new project we're looking forward to working with.

We are not exactly sure what this girl is except that she's pretty cool looking! She has several characterisitics in common with proven T-positive/Caramel Albino lines but also doesn't quite look like them. She has a purple colored tongue and body coloration that resembles T-positive albinism but her eyes really don't appear red.

I've tried shining a flashlight at her eyes to see if the light would diffuse through but it doesn't seem to. The light seems to be reflected back. She doesn't have any solid black coloration on her body. All the dark color appears to be either a dark brown or almost a dark purple. She also lacks the black outlining that you usually see around the tail saddles. What outlining she does have around her tail saddles appears to be almost a smokey greyish-purple color. Her coloration also varies quite a bit between a "light phase" and a "dark phase".

Anyways, I'm not sure what she is or what we will be breeding her to (possibly a male Caramel Albino from VPI's line) but I am enjoying watching her grow!

As always, any thoughts/opinions are appreciated and welcomed!

Thanks for looking,
Celia

In her "light phase"

In her "dark phase" with her tongue out

A comparison photo with a normal baby Colombian Boa

And some close-up comparison photos with a high-orange normal Colombian Boa

-----
Celia Chien
Celia Chien Photography

www.ExoticsByNature.com

www.BoaConstrictorMorphs.com
www.BallPythonMorphs.com
www.CornSnakeMorphs.com

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: A New Project... - AbsoluteApril, Tue Jul 11 19:04:11 2006
>> Next Message:  Pretty cool oddball there........ - LeeBarrie, Tue Jul 11 21:49:41 2006
>> Next Message:  I think.... - JasonGonzalez, Tue Jul 11 21:52:54 2006
>> Next Message:  Looks like a nice normal..just kidding!! - ajfreptiles, Tue Jul 11 22:21:39 2006
>> Next Message:  Very pretty Celia!! I'll enjoy seeing - Amanda_Burke, Tue Jul 11 23:54:01 2006