return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Pine Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Glass Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - July 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - July 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - July 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - July 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - July 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - July 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - July 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - July 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - July 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: More Confusion About Type II Anery's....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Jeremy Stone at Wed Jul 12 18:31:54 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Jeremy Stone ]  

Very Cool Amanda, and thanks for sharing.

I actually don't think your findings ad confusion. I think they offer clarity.

I personally think you have just proven that the two lines are INCOMPATIBLE. Just like Ball Pythons, there are certain compatibility issues with the Axanthic triat. All 3 are VERY similar, but aren't compatible. They all 3 make a different looking BLIZZARD, but they are genetic and genetic recessive.

I personally think both lines are Genetic and Recessive. You mentioned something about the Blizzard. It is important to note that NO ONE to my knowlege has ever bred an Albino to a Nic Type 2 anery. This year pete kahl did it with his Sunglow, but we will have to wait quite a while to find out how those turn out. Other then that, I don't know of any other person using the albino with ANY type 2 anery. My DH Blizzards were used with a Type 2 anery that is the EXACT same Type 2 anery from the El Salvador region. This Type 2 anery has been PROVEN recessive. IT takes out all the Red from the Blood, and makes a Pewter. It also is genetic recessive when used with the albino. I just need to make a LIVE one. I have had some HORRIBLE odds this year with many different litters. Some have been good and some have been bad. IT goes to show, there is one thing clear. There are NO guarantees with Boa breeding and numbers. I don't know about the Nic line because I have never bred it more then 1 generation, but it appears that My original Type 2 anery is compatible with the Columbian Line. I think Bill Kirby proved that, but I guess as always, more breedings are always needed. So, that MAY ad to the confusion, but I don't think so.

Again Amanda, I think you just made things a lot clearer rather then Unclear. I agree with Jeffs post about Genetics being not a sure thing, but I also think with Good steady notes, and solid observations will give you some definate answers.

I think you have done a great job in keeping good notes and writing down details of what is happening. This of course gives us greater insight because of what you have done. Thank you, and great post. It is a lot of fun working with these smaller Boas.

By Proving Bryants boa a ghost, It goes to show that they really aren't that rare in the wild. It appears that the Hypo gene is a lot more common, but since they are a lot darker, they seem to thrive in their environment. I wonder if the colors actually work to their advantage in hiding from prey.

Anyway, enough rambling. Thanks for sharing, and best of luck on your projects.

This post is just my opinion. As my wife would say, my opinion is wrong MANY times. lol
Jeremy Stone

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Ah, very interesting....(more) - Amanda_Burke, Wed Jul 12 19:26:17 2006

<< Previous Message:  More Confusion About Type II Anery's.... - Amanda_Burke, Tue Jul 11 23:49:21 2006