return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fire Skink . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Humidity issues and R.I.....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Reticulated Pythons ]

Posted by: Kelly_Haller at Fri Jul 28 17:34:53 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Kelly_Haller ]  

I would disagree with the lowering of the humidity levels on a tropical boid that potentially has R.I. Raising the temps is standard procedure, but if the humidity is lowered, the membranes within the lung become drier and greatly increase the chances of an R.I. If the snake already has an R.I., you just make the situation worse. I'm not saying that it needs to be raining within the enclosure, but the floor level humidity should be roughly 70 to 80%. The air conditioning you spoke of within the room not only lowered the temps, but also significantly lowered the relative humidity. Many times with a low grade or beginning R.I., raising the temps and humidity will pull them out of it.

Kelly

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Humidity issues and R.I..... - grunt, Fri Jul 28 18:39:47 2006
>> Next Message:  lower humidity to lower acceptable range - BWatkins, Sat Jul 29 13:54:58 2006

<< Previous Message:  its definatly a resperatory infection!!! - BWatkins, Fri Jul 28 12:02:07 2006