return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fire Skink . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Question: buying snakes through the mail

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Reticulated Pythons ]

Posted by: Brett Beiner at Tue Aug 1 13:54:45 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Brett Beiner ]  

Hi Les-

If the breeder supplies you with photos, you like what you see and you are comfortable with the breeder (references might make you more comfortable), then do it. Make sure they email the tracking # to you so you can track the progress and ask for it to be shipped guaranteed by 10:30am. Most services provide this. Less time for the animal to spend in a box.

The majority of my snakes have been shipped to me through overnight shipping companies. I've also picked them out directly while at Bob Clark's, Mike Wilbanks, Tracy Barker's. But after picking them out, they are still shipped to me via either overnight (fedex, ups) or by air (Delta Dash).

When you say the "mail", are you referring to the USPS (post office)? Do not have a snake shipped via the post office! They are completely unreliable and their tracking sucks.

Regarding your post below...Daytona is the annual "world's greatest" herp show. The biggest breeders will be there and will bring their best stuff. It's a place and time for them to show off. So, it would be well worth the trip and the cost of a hotel room.

Good luck!

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  some pic's of my retic's!!! - reticbite, Wed Aug 2 17:55:33 2006
<< Previous topic:  choices, choices , need advice - LesLonsdale, Mon Jul 31 15:43:57 2006