return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Awsome Pic's Ryan,Thanks for posting

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Hypoboa1 at Sun Aug 20 10:33:59 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Hypoboa1 ]  

>>Whew, that was alot of pictures to go through and process. I had a fantastic time at my very first daytona "trip". I ran into many great boa people including Celia, P. Kahl, Ruben, Andy F., Frank Martin, Bill Kirby, Greg Hackney, Gray Rushin, Denny Rimes, Mark Miller etc... My apologies to those I ran into with possible plans for after the show, I had to get home due to a headache and to start packing (I'm moving tomorrow).
>>
>>No spectacular crazy-nice new boa morph announcements this year unfortunately, unless there was something there I missed. TONS of great boas though. I was extremely impressed with the boa to ball python ratio. People are seeing the light!
>>
>>On to the pics, all 87 of them. 90 percent of these are white balance calibrated.
>>
>>The show is held at "The Ocean Center", which is directly accross from a really nice Hilton. Daytona Beach.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>The action inside was impressive
>>
>>
>>
>>The first person I ran into was Mr. Mark Miller, the infamous first moonglow producer dude. I bet you're glad I traded you the male that made that all possible eh Mark?
>>
>>
>>
>>This is a sibling from that litter, possible triple het female. She is KILLER. I love the look of this hypo. Someone needs to snag her up before I call Mark and demand he hold it for me.
>>
>>
>>
>>Here is Mark's red albino from Matt Crabe... absolutely stunning.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>The next table I wandered on over to was Celia's. This was her yearling (I believe) goodie stack.
>>
>>
>>
>>From the "What-the-heck-are-these?" litter.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>I found the Burke's table after that.
>>
>>
>>
>>A yearling T . Amanda told me this is about the size that the females can breed at, although that particular female doesnt have the age.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Sunburst Arabesque. Wow.
>>
>>
>>
>>Then I made my way to Pete Kahl's table.
>>
>>How bout some super-jungles?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Yearling super jungle
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Jungles
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Salmon Jungles
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>How does a couple super jungle salmons sound? Good, yes?
>>
>>
>>
>>This one was a sunglow possible jungle or a sunglow jungle I believe.
>>
>>
>>
>>Albino Jungle
>>
>>
>>
>>Sunglow possible Jungle(s) (I think)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Bino's of the jungly sort.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Central Super Motleys
>>
>>
>>
>>Central Hypo
>>
>>
>>
>>Squaretails
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Eventually I had to make myself go away from Pete's table due to excessive drooling over the super jungles... and I spotted Frank Martin's new "Silverback Serpent" banner.
>>
>>One of Frank's wicked eyed jungles
>>
>>
>>
>>Jungle
>>
>>
>>
>>A big beautiful ghost he had on display
>>
>>
>>
>>Now I'm not generally an anery fan but Frank has some real knockouts.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>orangasm hypo
>>
>>
>>
>>Another one of franks crazy eyed jungles, but in bino form.
>>
>>
>>
>>Right next to Frank was Bill Kirby with some beautiful motleys.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Bill also had a really nice 25% suri hypo, may have been a het or pos het albino ... not sure ...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>In the middle of talking with Bill, Denny Rimes walks up next to me. He called up Gray Rushin and we met up at the Leopard Boa people's (Forgot their names, Hans?) table. They (leopard people) had some really cool washed out / high color neos that are supposedly a proven codom trait called Mandarin something. I believe this is the one that Denny got.
>>
>>
>>
>>They had some beautiful european pastels
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>And, of course, Leopard and Leopard hets.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>I left that table after about 15 minutes of watching Gray sort through some of those "Mandarin" boas. I fully expect to hear he got one or five when he gets back .
>>
>>I then came accross Tropical Vision (I think thats the name) and saw this real nice sunglow arabesque of thiers:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>D M was there. They had some decent stuff, I was hoping to see some real nice sunsets though. There was only one... and a "big" lady was standing in front of it... wouldnt budge.
>>
>>
>>
>>They did have this nice coral sunglow though
>>
>>
>>
>>I came across Doug Matzuaks table. Gotta love those codom pastel dreams he has *wink* . All kidding aside, they are KILLER. Beautiful sharps. Kings of yellow.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Neo Sharps
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>After that some real nice pastel colombians spotted my eye, I cant think of the name of the company that had them. They called them pink pastels I believe. The lady had two of them out and they were some of the best pastels I have ever seen. Apparently they have been selectively breeding them for many years (I want to say she said 12).
>>
>>This is their pink pastel line worked into a suri
>>
>>
>>
>>Pink pastel hypo
>>
>>
>>
>>And the last table I came to was Bill Cagle's.
>>
>>A beautiful bolivian of his
>>
>>
>>
>>So thats it... my fun day at the Daytona Reptile Expo. I hope you enjoyed the pics. Looking forward to seeing you all again next year!
>>-----
>>Take Care,
>>
>>-Ryan Homsey
>>
>>www.topnotchboas.com

Their was definatley some amazing jungles their at that show,Simply awsome guy.I was at circuit city the other day an was checking out the D-50 camera.Its a very nice camera an from the looks of all of your photos,Definatley worth the buck.Thanks again,Eric
-----
E&C's Exotic House of Reptiles

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  2006 Daytona Reptile Expo - RyanHomsey, Sat Aug 19 22:33:44 2006