return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Daytona...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Jonathan_Brady at Sun Aug 20 05:27:26 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Jonathan_Brady ]  

Hey guys, just woke up and I'm about to head back for my 3rd day of the expo. Being a BCC enthusiast, it seems like Daytona is becoming less and less my style. It's OVERLOADED with morphs of this and that and you can only find a handful of BCC here and there. I've found myself walking around not even looking for animals, just looking for old friends to catch up with.
I will say however that I agree with another person who posted and said that the ball python market seems to be less represented than in years past. Matter of fact, the person I'm helping usually has people beating down his door for normal females on Friday morning during set up and sells out, but he still has a nice size female sitting on his table and not a single person has inquired about it. And I definitely agree that the boa morph market has exploded this year.
Me personally, I've fallen in LOVE with the green phase sanzinia. Holy crap they're SO nice!!!
The folks at the Hilton haven't really given anyone any real crap about having animals in the hotel as far as I know. So I'm not sure what their reason was for sending out that letter to everyone. They could have been trying to drive away the business for future shows, or it could have been a "CYA" thing in case of an irate customer because of a loose animal or who knows what?
The UGLIEST animal I've seen so far was Kara @ NERDS prized ball X woma. She calls it "the wall". There is NOTHING appealing about this animal at all. And I'm not saying that because I'm some super purist. I'm saying that because it's friggin ugly. But I love Kara to death so I just smiled and said, "well, it's certainly different".
Anyway, seven more hours worth of show, a few hours of packing and we're done till next year. =( Hopefully next year I'll have a few babies to contribute to the population of bcc being offered as will others.
jb
-----
Jonathan Brady
"Sarcasm is angers ugly cousin" -Dr. Buddy Rydell (Jack Nicholson) in "Anger Management".

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Daytona... - ABCC, Sun Aug 20 06:47:44 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: Daytona... - boidmorphs, Sun Aug 20 10:56:35 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: Daytona... - AshLopez, Sun Aug 20 10:59:31 2006
>> Next Message:  Any pics of what a "wall" looks like? np - JohnLokken, Sun Aug 20 12:14:46 2006
>> Next Message:  Aspidites X Python? how> - ChrisGilbert, Sun Aug 20 17:29:02 2006