return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re my question way way below if

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Tracy Barker at Sun Sep 24 09:01:39 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Tracy Barker ]  

the caramel boa strain bred by Mike had been bred to Kahl strain.
Someone told me that yes in fact this has been done and resulted in NORMAL babies (het for both I assume). If anyone has more details hopefully he/she will add them here. So that really MAY say something re the difference of Kahl and Sharp.

My feeling several years ago re Sharp being some "t positive connected snake," was based soley on my work with BLOOD PYTHONS. In blood pythons some of the red is melanin based, and when you remove some black as seen in the caramel or t- albinos, the red is also changed from a deep maroon red to a brighter red, orange, or almost yellow. That made me think that even though the Sharp looks so close to the Kahl t- albino there MIGHT still be some not visually obvious melanin related pigments which accounted for the deeper red colors.

Linda and Ed's litter will be a great addition to the information pool, and will be eagerly awaited--will these animals look, normal, the same, or different?!!

Paradigm or Caramel from that cross to VPI caramel! If that does something I would greatly expand my view of like animals and include various caramel look alikes into the mix!!

What that means is we have a huge new pool of animals to mix and match to create shades of boas ranging from the most minimal looking caramel boa all the way up to the sharp albino!
Add these to Motleys, Jungles, Arabesques, Stripes, and their supers and we will have an amazing group of animals!!

Congrats to Mike for his efforts and bringing this to the table and good luck to all!!

I think it is great for all to stick their necks out a little and try and predict--that's where the fun is--no guts no glory!

And remember, in reality we know absolutely nothing about what we are talking about biochemically with any of these things--isn't there someone out there who wants to get a Master's degree!!

Tracy

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Tracy, did Dave... - ChrisGilbert, Sun Sep 24 11:45:14 2006
>> Next Message:  Tracy, I believe - giantkeeper, Sun Sep 24 11:57:32 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: Re my question way way below if - PanamaRed, Sun Sep 24 15:58:53 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: Re my question way way below if - Paul Hollander, Sun Sep 24 18:36:45 2006
>> Next Message:  Tracy - styrsnake, Mon Sep 25 13:04:46 2006