return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Help with mold

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: drasticplastic at Mon Sep 25 13:10:41 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by drasticplastic ]  

I have two boaphile cages and I'm using disposable cage liners for substrate, for water bowls I'm using those rock looking plastic dishes. I completely clean my cages every two weeks when I feed and almost everytime I do, I'm finding that mold is forming under the water dishes, through the paper, and on the bottom of the boaphiles. The paper never seems to be wet around or under the bowls and they don't seem to be leaking from anywhere. I'm replacing the water dishes with ceramic dog or cat bowls but I'm looking to change the substrate too. What would be the best (or at least the most manageable) substrate to use that will work well for the boas? I have tried using paper towels and newspaper, but they seem to be more trouble then they are worth. Let me know what you guys use. Appreciate it.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I don't want to state the obvious... - PastelDream, Mon Sep 25 14:20:11 2006
>> Next Message:  what are you using now? . . . - slithering_serpents, Tue Sep 26 13:17:42 2006