return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Frog . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: the next hot snake?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Snakes - General Forum ]

Posted by: thekidgecko at Sun Oct 8 18:29:04 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by thekidgecko ]  

Well the pits will definately be very popular in the coming years with all the new morphs coming out. I kind of have a feeling the larger species of garters will become a bit more popular until they are more mainstay. The western hognose....eh....they need some VERY drastic morph to pull off being the next hot snake. Such as luecistic, paradox albino, pied, or some super odd new morph. If this happens I believe they will be the next "hot" colubrid. On the python/boa side I think the smaller more manageable species that are still mid-range will really start catching on. *cough*carpets*cough* The morelia will REALLY hit it big time soon, and I have a feeling an albino or some morph as such will be coming out soon. Kind of have a feeling someone out there will pop up with the first Jungle or coastal albino and really be the next millionaire.Bloods and short tails seem to be getting more popular and the cost of het albinos is pretty low opposed to the price of and homozygous albino. They seem to have similar issues to what balls had at first, just stigma around them to get over and such... BRB's look like they are going to hit it off pretty big, possibly not ball big, but maybe like retic morph big. Yeah so that is my 2 cents after like 4 years of observing a few market swings. Also as far as lizards and amphibians go, a new big player is going to be the tricolor epidobates and the auratus morphs (such as albino) are going to get pretty big (this is what I'm investing in ) and the aussie gecks seem like they are poised for a takeover. Not sure on that though : Tell me what you think of this opinion...
Thekidgecko

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: the next hot snake? - Just_Ders, Tue Oct 10 00:56:10 2006

<< Previous Message:  the next hot snake? - classdwhite, Tue Sep 26 00:17:37 2006