return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Frog . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

And the moral of the story...........

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Snakes - General Forum ]

Posted by: duffy at Wed Sep 27 18:45:55 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by duffy ]  

First of all...I wish you the best of luck. Yes, refer to your lease & attempt to appeal to the decency of the person who gave you the OK to begin with.

While it may be too late for YOU (this time), the unfortunate reality is that us herpers sometimes need to keep a much lower profile in such situations. I guess that goes triple if you are renting. If you get the initial "OK"... be very careful before you make a move that will unsettle anyone. Sadly, your landlord may be fine about herps, but if his wife, kids, mother, or Uncle Bob FREAKS OUT... You are $h1t outta luck!

Like I said, I hope you are able to work things out. It really sucks that most people don't understand that our snakes are FAR less dangerous than the average pet dog. Duffy

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: And the moral of the story........... - GDeHavenIV, Mon Oct 2 11:34:40 2006

<< Previous Message:  I need collective help from everyone! - GDeHavenIV, Wed Sep 27 12:41:38 2006