return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Burmese Python . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Frog . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - June 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - July 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - July 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - July 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - July 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - July 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - July 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - July 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - July 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Kahl strain sunglow market

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: 22_27 at Mon Oct 2 15:45:58 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by 22_27 ]  

The problem is that everyone plays deaf, dumb and blind. I always sit and read the things everyone posts but I never respond because I know that 75% of the people are fake. It’s funny to see someone post about a problem with a boa, then see someone respond like they really care about the animal. Next thing you know, you find out that same person has been stuffing his animals just to get them to reproduce early. When they do produce a litter, I don’t see anyone post about how they could have harmed their boa by their feeding methods, the only thing I see is congratulations on the new litter. What about the breeders who use to preach to wait at least 3 years to breed your females and at least 2 years to breed your males. Many of them now advertise boas that are under 1 year old as “can go this year” or something similar. It has gone from having the best interest of the animal to “I gotta try and produce some morphs” or “I gotta make some money”.

I think that a majority of people use to take their time with their animals and now it seems that people have a sense of urgency to produce. I think this has affected the market big time. And while the interest in this hobby has grown tremendously, I believe that newbies are learning more about the market value of the boas then value of the boa’s life. It seems that a majority of the blame on the market value is going to the new people that just popped up and started producing, but who is to blame for that?

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Kahl strain sunglow market - metachrosis, Mon Oct 2 19:40:10 2006

<< Previous Message:  Kahl strain sunglow market - sdi, Sun Oct 1 23:54:09 2006