return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Desert Iguana . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: I think........

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: PastelDream at Tue Oct 3 16:57:18 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PastelDream ]  

I like the Kahl and Sharp strain both equally. They both have good traits and are worth having.

I also think that the prices droping is a good thing. Yeah, I know that a lot of people paid big bucks for their animals a couple of years ago...I feel really bad for them, since the price is droping so drastically. Still..... Most should have seen it coming. So many people are breeding their animals younger and younger. There's a mad dash for cash going on ya know. Espcially since the number of people with large amounts of money to spend on snakes is starting to run out. This is bad for the market and every worse for the boas.

Back to why I think it's a good thing.

I think it's good because people who really want these morphs will be able to afford them. Not everyone that purchases a morph plans on breeding it. There are actually people out that that want them for a "PET". Eventually they'll be able to afford one without taking out a second mortgage on their home. I think this is good.

I also think it's good, because Breeders/hobby breeders won't have "dollar signs" in their eyes when it comes to breeding. They'll look at their boas and see the AMAZING ANIMALS they really are and not a way to make a "quick buck". I think this is very good.

OK, there could be a down side to the price drop too. If the prices get too low they could become "disposable animals". I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about there.

Also as far as the "market" goes.... The market will take care of it's self. Some years it will go up and others it will go down. It will "never" be as high as when the morphs were new, but I know every one saw that coming.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Now you're talking my language.... - rainbowsrus, Tue Oct 3 18:39:38 2006

<< Previous Message:  Kahl strain sunglow market - sdi, Sun Oct 1 23:54:09 2006