return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Kahl strain sunglow market

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: ajfreptiles at Mon Oct 2 07:30:16 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ajfreptiles ]  

Hey Steve, I think you asked a great question!
In my opinion, I think that newbie breeders who aquired there animals cheaper than we did...find that selling their animals is not as easy as they thought...really only because they have not got a reputation...That being said, a good reputation can really only come from experience...so my guess is that for some of these people ....these so called high dollar litters are their first litters. Then there are those who just want to capitalize on anyone's money out there and so a few breeders who can produce start selling lower to take the money away from the newbie...then prices fall. The big breeders seem to hold fast to prices...they are content to raise them up if need be...and are not as subject to the fluctuations...
I think if you are set up to hold on to all of your babies and wait for the right money, you will do fine in the long run..
Economic factors where people just need money fast also plays a big role...but I think that once these litters are sold off, the demand for more will build up again.
Overproduction can certainly ruin the market...
Look how cautious everyone has been in buying lately...everyone has a predetermined price in their head and that is what they will wait for....the desire is there, just that people are being very cautious.

All that being said, I also think that there are inflated prices...and when that happens you are sure to see a fall regardless.
I had talked about this some time ago, that what needs to happen is breeders should come up with a price structure...and even a grading chart....that can act as a guide to people wanting to set prices...I know newbies may not abide, but if they could aquire a type of foil seal that assures the animal has been checked or submitted...the buyers would be more apt to buy their stock...sort of like making the U.K.C. or the A.K.C. with dogs etc...
This would not stop everyone but may strengthen our public status accros the country as well.
Just my 2 cents.

Andy Federico
-----

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Kahl strain sunglow market - sdi, Sun Oct 1 23:54:09 2006