return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Kahl strain sunglow market

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: vcaruso15 at Mon Oct 2 08:10:19 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by vcaruso15 ]  

My take on all this is that is was inevitable to happen sooner or later. You cant expect prices to just stay the way they are for ever. More babys will be produced, and there will be more sellers every year.

That's good it shows our hobby is growing. Prices will go down it happens. The key is knowing it going to happen before you buy. If you bought your sunglow male for 10k and a yearling albino for $2000 at the same time. you have $12,000 in the project. If you breed them this year and you get 20 babys 10 should be Sunglows. If you sell them for $1500 each that's 15k just on Sunglows. You can still sell the remaining albinos for $500 each and that's another 5k. In your first year of production you are already showing a profit of $8000 minus your care costs.

Show me another hobby/business where you can show profit in the first year of production. The most important thing is don't assume you are going to be able to sell your animals for anything close to what you bought them for.

The smartest thing to do in my opinion is pick a combo that you think will be cool, and no one else is going after, and do it for yourself. It will take a long time and alot of dedication but perseverance pays off in the end.

Just my .02 on the subject. Vinnie

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Kahl strain sunglow market - sdi, Sun Oct 1 23:54:09 2006