return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I know the Nikon D series

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: LauraV at Fri Oct 13 20:11:50 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by LauraV ]  

cameras are some of the best I've seen, but since I can't afford the new D200...and since I am not a very good photographer and know next to nothing about cameras, I went with something a little more point and shoot when I got my new camera. I figured I'd work myself up to a Nikon D200...

However, my old camera was far more forgiving than my new one.

The camera I had for a couple of years prior is the Nikon Coolpix 4800, which is 4mp & 8.3 zoom. It was pretty nice and I'm sure in the hands of a better photographer, pics could have been far better. Here are a couple using that camera. It allows macro shots down to 1cm. It's a nice little camera, pics seem to be a bit on the cool side colorwise. When I played with the white balance, it seemed that the pics ended up either a bit too cool or a bit too warm, but the shots were very clear.

I've had my new camera a couple of months, a Sony Cybershot DSC-R1, which has 10.3mp and allows for manual or auto zoom/focus, but I have only scratched the surface and really know next to nothing about using it. I set it on macro (this camera requires 14", but the zoom makes up for it) and use the manuaul zoom, and hope for the best. Ca't seem to get the entire shot in focus, it looks more like portrait mode, with part in focus, the background blurry. I would prefer it all to be in focus, like my previous camera, but it is a learning experience. I hope to someday use it to its full potential. Now...if I just had a difuser to prevent flash wash-out. This camera sees too much and offers little forgiveness. For example, with my past camera, taking pics of puppies on the carpet showed dingy blue carpet, with a stain here or there (it was stained up when we moved in and our kids and dogs haven't been easy on it), but with this camera, it sees far better than the human eye, every tiny color difference stands out clearly...I will not be able to take pics of our dogs with this camera, unless they are outside.
Please know...Until I can figure out the focus, I do NO justice to this camera!

-----

Delusions of Grandeur feed the EGO...

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Newsest to my collection.. - mkv, Sat Oct 14 02:05:14 2006
<< Previous topic:  Heating Solution? - DanW, Fri Oct 13 18:43:54 2006